Wednesday, February 15, 2017

YM Bullish Fractals 2-13-2017 Update


Came within 2 points of my sell limit yesterday at the 127.2% Fib level, exceeded it for a substantial time overnight, then hit it again at 9:33am this morning. Because the daily stochastics are so very overbought I sold the whole position. Under other circumstances I would have sold a third, then raised my stop to break even and set a target for another third at the half measured move target and the final third at at the 161.8% Fibonacci level.

At the moment I'm glad to hit any target and be out with a profit. The fact that my first target was exceeded for a substantial time overnight then the market opened below it had me very concerned we'd just tank and not come back until after my options lose considerable value or even expire.

By the way, because my target could have been hit near the open I disabled my conditional market order to sell when YM Mar futures hit 20,498 due to the wider bid/ask spread at the open. Instead I sold the position manually by walking down limit orders from just below the ask until it was filled.

So chalk up another winner for the good guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment