Friday, July 14, 2017

Bullish BIIB Trade Exit


This Jhook didn't form cleanly. On 7/6/17 it took a dip back down. This introduced doubt but I gave it a chance while I watched it closely. Then it started back up.

When the trade went positive I moved my stop up because of the imperfect Jhook and we're only a week away from expiration. It may just go sideways for a week. Still looks good, but you have to remember to keep your losses small.

On 7/13/17 14:58 ET the stop was hit and I got out with a small profit. Today, 7/14/17, its looking like it could continue higher, but I'm satisfied with how I handled the trade. I'd rather be out wishing I was in than in and wishing I was out.

If there was a lesson for me here, its that I chose to close a month. I chose July because it had better liquidity and I thought the target would be hit quickly, plus the cost was lower which meant less money at risk.

No comments:

Post a Comment