Thursday, April 23, 2015

AAPL wedge irresistible update 4/23/2015



Setting a break out level of 127.60 and moving the wedge width measurement at the mouth (seen in previous post) to the break out point, then calculating an 80% of that distance gives us a target of 133.72. Notice the previous swing high is 133.60, which is very close, reinforcing this level as a target.

Looks like we're getting a Bollinger Band (BB)/Keltner Channel (KC) squeeze breakout. Expectation is about another 7 candles in the same direction, but we still need to close today with the BB outside the KC. I'm posting this about 11:00am so we still have 5 more hours to the close. To identify these indicators on the chart, see my previous post
http://jmstweets.blogspot.com/2015/04/my-standard-chart-indicators.html

Earnings Report (ER) is scheduled for 4/27/2015 after the market close (AMC). If I had only a long position I would exit before the ER. But since we have a non-directional condor we can hold through the ER if we want. However, if we're close to the target before the ER I'll probably exit because I don't want to drop to a level between the condor wings and go flat until expiration, which would result in a loss.

No comments:

Post a Comment