Monday, April 27, 2015

AAPL wedge update 4/27/2015 Earnings Report


During the day before the close, I was ready to sell the condor if AAPL hit my target of 133.60. It came close but no cigar.

After an earnings report (ER) beat (actual quarterly results better than expected by analysts), AAPL went up to about 135 when I captured this screen shot.

Near the close I looked at the cost of an At-The-Money (ATM) Straddle (that was a 132 Call plus a 132 Put), which cost about $7. This is considered the market's estimate of how far AAPL might move in response to the ER. So a beat might cause a move up to 132+7=139.

So I changed my sell order from the original target of 133.60 to 139 to take advantage of a positive move tomorrow. But I will be monitoring it very closely. If it starts to drop quickly at the open after gapping up, I will sell it right away. If it meanders around a flat line I'll move up a stop just under that level. If it starts rising, I'll watch the 10 minute chart and sell at either the new 139 target, or a 10 minute candle closing below the 8 EMA (Exponential Moving Average).

Now that I have a game plan I don't have to wonder what to do or second guess myself in the heat of battle tomorrow.

See previous 2 posts on this subject.

No comments:

Post a Comment