Tuesday, February 4, 2020

GLD Bullish Cup and Handle - Update 2


This one is a little tough. First, I see I got in too early. Price didn't close over the "brim line" (just made that up) of the Cup and Handle. I should have waited for that and I didn't.

Today we traded all day under the Brim Line, under the 8ema, and under the 20dma. That's bearish, but two things kept me in the trade. One is that there's often volatility around a break out point, so feel like I want to be a little tolerant. The other thing is that we're vertically in the middle of the pattern, and didn't come very close to the stop loss (145), relatively speaking.

Because we closed under the 8ema, I should exit the trade and look to get back in if its warranted. But I want to give it another day and see if we can recover. This may be my second mistake on this trade.

No comments:

Post a Comment