Thursday, December 26, 2019

I smell bacon - Update 1


I don't like how bullish this little cup looks bouncing off the 8ema and neckline with a close near the high after several doji's. We may just pop up to the 61.8% Fib or the downward trend line or the 200 DMA = 76.4/78.6 Fib = Bollinger Band, then come down. 

I can hold on though a pop and see if we peak and retrace, but each point is $400 on this contract. And what if we don't retrace quickly? I think the smart thing, given the risk, is to get out quickly on a pop and take the smaller loss, then get back in when we see a rejection of a resistance level.

So I entered a conditional market sell order for the HE Apr .76 Put Option if the Apr HE Futures contract Bid/Ask hits 78.36, which is just over the recent high on 12/17/19.

There are a number of more sophisticated orders than a simple Market order but they all could result in a no fill, which could be worse than a sloppy fill.

No comments:

Post a Comment